The Palm P10952U Wi-Fi Card adds 802.11b wireless network connectivity to the Tungsten E2, Tungsten T3, Tungsten T5, Treo 700W, and Zire 72 handheld models. It enables your handheld to connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi hotspots at home, work and on the go, increasing your handheld's versatility. The card also allows for connection to secure networks, and offers support for both WEP encryption and peer-to-peer (ad-hoc) connectivity. And because it can switch into standby mode to reduce power consumption, it doesn't drain the handheld's battery.
Connect anywhere you have Wi-Fi access - at home, the office or at hotels, cafes and airports using Wi-Fi (802.11b, channels 1 - 11) technology. Send and receive email, browse the web, even wirelessly synchronize with your computer.PRODUCT FEATURES:Adds 802.11b wireless network connectivity to the Tungsten T3 and Zire 72 handhelds;Conserves battery life with low-power standby mode; Includes PPTP VPN client for secure access to corporate networks;Supports WEP encryption with 64 or 128 bit key length.
- Adds 802.11b wireless network connectivity to the Tungsten T3 and Zire 72 handhelds
- Conserves battery life with low-power standby mode
- Includes PPTP VPN client for secure access to corporate networks
- Supports WEP encryption with 64 or 128 bit key length
- Works with Palm Tungsten E2, Palm Treo 700w, Palm Zire 72, Palm Tungsten T3, Palm Tungsten T5
Product first offered: August 2004
Size: 24mm x 53mm x 3mm, .94in x 2.09in x .12in
Channels: 802.11b, Channels 1 - 11
Data Rate: 11 Mbps maximum with Dynamic Bandwidth Management to 1, 2 and 5.5 Mbps
Operating Range: Indoor: up to 120 ft (37m), Outdoor: up to 400 ft (122m), (at 11 Mbps)
[More info from PALM]