The Home Network Goes Wireless N With the TG185n you can turn any network device with an Ethernet connector into Wi-Fi 802.11n draft 2.0. The TG185n is a wireless-n device that combines access point mode, client mode and repeater mode into 1 product:
• Client mode to connect to any Ethernet device, such as set top boxes, gaming stations...
• Access Point mode to enable 802.11n draft 2.0 on a gateway which does not include this technology.
• Repeater mode to extend your 802.11n draft 2.0 coverage.
WMM (Wi-Fi MultiMedia)
With full support of the Wi-Fi MultiMedia* (WMM) quality of service mechanism, you’ll experience its real-time applications, such as video, voice, and gaming just by plug and play. Since there is the possibility to use either the 2.4 or 5 GHz band, you have full support even for multiple HD streams.
WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
With WPS, your Wi-Fi network is set up automatically with a high level of encryption by just pushing a button. Enjoy a full plug and play solution with a set of 2 THOMSON TG185n devices to connect a set top box and DSL gateway and stream HD content.
Features in a Glance
- High speed for wireless LAN connection, up to 300 Mb/s data rate
- Backwards compatible to the existing 802.11b/g WLAN infrastructure
- User-friendly Web GUI to conigure SSID, security setup and site survey
- Wireless data encryption with 64, 128 encryption for security
- Wi-Fi MultiMedia QoS
- WPA Personal
- 2 Integrated high-performance antennas
- Plug and play
- Dual band (2.4 or 5 GHz)
Datasheet THOMSON TG185n (PDF, 340.38K - 10/06/2009)
Installation and Setup Guide