The Intel® PROSet/Wireless Main Window allows you to:
- View the current connection status (signal quality, speed and current network name)
- Scan for available wireless networks
- Manage profiles
- Auto-connect profiles to available networks in a specific order defined in the Profile list
- Connect to Infrastructure and Device to Device (ad hoc) networks
- Configure adapter settings
- Troubleshoot wireless connection problems
Use the File, Tools, Advanced, Profiles and Help menus to configure your network settings. This section provides a brief overview of the menus. Further detail can be found in additional Installation & Use Web pages.
Exit: Close the Intel PROSet/Wireless main window.
Application Settings: Use to set system wide connection preferences.
Intel Wireless Troubleshooter: Use to resolve wireless network connection problems.
Manual Diagnostics Tool: The Manual Diagnostics Tool allows you to run a set of diagnostics tests that verify the functionality of your wireless adapter.
Administrator Tool: Used by administrators or the person who has administrator privileges on this computer to configure shared profiles (Pre-logon/Common, Persistent, and Voice over IP [VoIP]). The Administrator Tool can also be used by an Information Technology department to configure user settings within the Intel PROSet/Wireless software and to create custom install packages to export to other systems.
Note: The Administrator Tool is available only if it is installed during a custom installation of the Intel PROSet/Wireless software.
To access Adapter Settings from Windows:
- Select Network Connections from the Windows Control Panel.
- Right-click the Wireless Network Connection.
- Select Properties from the menu.
- Click Configure to display the Advanced settings for the adapter.
Advanced Statistics: Select to determine how the adapter communicates with an access point.
Use Windows to manage Wi-Fi: Select to enable Windows* XP as the wireless manager.
Manage Profiles: Select to create or edit profiles.
Manage Exclusions: Select to exclude networks from automatic connection.
Intel PROSet/Wireless Help: Starts the online help.
About: Displays version information for the currently installed application components.
Windows* XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows* 2000, Windows* XP 64-Bit Edition, Windows* XP Professional, Windows* XP Home Edition, Windows* XP Tablet PC Edition, Windows* XP Media Center Edition
This applies to:Intel®PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection
Intel®PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection
Intel®PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
Intel®Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN